Thursday, August 23, 2012

My teeth are trying to kill me

I've been having toothaches on and off for awhile now, but I'm terrified of the dentist. My Mom makes fun of me because I've had a decent amount of surgeries done and am OK with them, but I'm terrified of having work done at the dentist. I don't know - mouth pain just freaks me out. It still shocks me that I had the guts to get my tongue pierced - and I think I only did that because I was mad at my Mom (and my pride overrides my fear a lot of times.) Well, three weeks ago, it got bad. My tooth throbbed all the time, and then I started to swell. I went to google, and it told me it was infected, and to not mess around because a tooth infection can spread to your brain and kill you. I'm afraid of the dentist, but more afraid of death (rightly so, I think) so I went. They told me I needed to get a round of antibiotics, and then have it pulled. So two weeks ago, I went back and got it pulled. Then Monday of this week, on the opposite side of my mouth, another tooth started to hurt. And then the roof of my mouth started to swell. And then I started spiking fevers. I knew what it meant. I knew I shouldn't mess around. So I made an appointment figuring it'd be another round of antibiotics and maybe another extraction. I wondered if I'd have any teeth left by the end of this. Turns out I needed not one, not two, but three teeth pulled - all wisdom teeth, so at least I wouldn't be toothless, but THREE teeth at once? So that's what I did this morning - went in and got them pulled. And I totally cried in front of the dentist. To be honest, the shots hurt way worse than when he was actually pulling - though a bottom tooth was stuck and the way he had to wiggle to get it out really freaked me out. However, now it hurts. And I'm drugged (so excuse this post if it's really weirdly written). Thank Jesus for drugs. I'm hoping this is the end of the teeth problem. How are all of you? Also, I wanted to say that I'm sorry if the format of postings have been weird. Blogger changed their layout since I've last written, and I used to be able to copy and past what I wrote and blogger would paste it like I had copied it, but now I have to go in and manually input breaks and stuff, and I'm still trying to figure out what looks normal and what looks weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment