Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Whatever Wednesday: I'm grumpy

This week finds me in a bad mood I can't seem to shake. I'm also absolutely exhausted and I have no idea why. We went out of town Sunday and I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before, and it was a lot of driving/activities in one day, so I don't know if that just set me up for a bad week, or if it's possibly the weather and how it still looks/feels like January when it's almost April.

I've got nothing done this week. My house is a wreck, I haven't touched Cayden's homework, the laundry is backed up and the only reason the dishes are done is because Jeremy did them. I have only one real reason to be bummed,and it's not that serious. I want to get back on the health kick again, and so I decided to sign up for this glo run (it's a run/walk at night with glow in the dark shirts and sticks, ect.) Jeremy was supposed to take the evening off work to watch the boys while I did it with some friends, but because he had to take work off for his Dad, he now can't. My Mom won't give me a straight answer on whether she can or can't. My sister says she'll try to get the day off, but it is short notice (the walk is next week) and it's hard for her to get time off work. I don't feel comfortable just hiring a random sitter or even asking a random friend because the walk is at night and whoever has the boys would have to put them to bed, and so... It looks like I might have to cancel. Not the end of the world, but I am sad about it. Here's hoping my Mom can come through.



Here's some pictures from St. Patty's day. We were supposed to go to the parade but it was REALLY cold, so we stayed home, except for our trip to see the Easter bunny: (they look thrilled, don't they?)



We DID get some sunshine on Saturday though, so I let the boys run around in the back yard because they are definately experiencing cabing fever:



And then Sunday we went to Cleveland on Sunday to visit Cayden's best friend who moved up there:



Those pictures were mostly taken at the childrens museum in Cleveland. Funny story: In the sand pictures, Eli is up on the crate because he refused to touch the sand with his body (see the picture where I put him in the sand and he's crying? He refused to move, just stood there and cried.) He would also FLIP if anyone put sand on him - he'd fling it off with his hand yelling "all wet! Is all wet!" (it was't wet.) Then there's another picture where they're painting and he has paint on his eye - Eli has become obsessed with my makeup. If he's being quiet I can safely assume he's snuck into my room and is applying makeup. He saw the paint and I guess thought it looked like makeup and decided to "do" his eyes.

Alright. There will be a post up. Hopefully by Friday - I'm having people over for Easter on Sunday and I have* to get my house in order. This was probably the worst week to lose my motivation. If you guys find it anywhere could you let me know?

4 comments:

  1. I love the children's museum there! They look like they had so much fun there as well as on St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Makes me miss when mine were young (son graduated college last year & daughter going off to college in the fall). Sometimes seemed like such a pain doing Valentine crafts, hiding Easter eggs, dying everything green for St. Patricks,etc but I do long for those days now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boys are too cute! Also, I thought I'd share a tip for getting an energy boost. Ok two really. One thing I drink for energy is Yerba Matte tea. If gives you a big energy boost and it's really good for you. When I really need a pick me up I go to my clinic and get a B-12 shot. I get zapped of energy in the winter and those really help. You can check with your doctor to see if they do them, if not (or if they're expensive) check with weight loss clinics or walk in places that do flu shots. My shots cost $10 so they're pretty reasonable and will perk you up for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! Kelly - I liked it. I think if the kids were older I wouldn't have liked it so much, but they were at the age where everything was perfect for them and it kept them busy and entertained.

    PC - I love doing holiday crap. I mean I'm not a big fan of cleaning my house for everyone to come over, but Christmas we went crazy with a Christmas movie every day from Dec. 1st - 25th and I had a craft or baking activity for them every weekend (I made the cutest plate for Santa cookies with them.) We put out reindeer food, made elf donuts, made cookies... We're dying easter eggs probably Saturday before Daddy goes to work and we're doing an Easter egg hunt on Sunday. Halloween is probably my secnd favorite Holiday after Christmas - I love the pumpkin patches and stuff. Everyone tends to give me props for how much I do with them, but honestly it's more for e than anyone else, lol. I can't say I don't get fried but for the most part, I love it.

    Srob - I'll look into it. Spring looks like maybe it'll finally be coming around, so hopefully it's staying. The kids and I have been outside the last two days. They're falling asleep a lot faster and my dog has also been way less hyper, so I'm also hoping the change in weather will give me a boost. I did finally get motivated to start cleaning my house and I got post done, so

    ReplyDelete