Friday, January 25, 2013

There will be a new post up tonight - sorry about the wait. I actually started it early (over the weekend) and had a huge chunk of it done and thought "I'll actually get it up early and maybe even have a chance for a double post!"

Ha. Ha ha ha.

Jeremy started his new job, which is GREAT. He's only in training right now, but he seems to be doing really well and he really likes it. The only thing that sucks is his schedule. I'm used to him being home by one o'clock in the afternoon at the latest. Occasionally he'd have some later days, but they were rare. Now he's not off until 6:30 and it's a drive, so he's not usually home until 7. I'm not complaining, it's just an adjustment because I'm used to him handling dinner and stuff (I honestly cannot tell you how many times these past few weeks Cayden has come up to me and said "Mommy, I'm hungry what's for dinner?" and I realized, oh shit, it's 5:30 and I have no clue!)

I also started watching my neighbor's kids for her, and she's in training right now, so her schedule sucks as well. Basically from 9-6 I have either three or four kids to take care of. Two of them go to school, but they go at different times, so I have to take three kids with me to pick her son up from pre-k, only to turn around to drop my son off a couple hours later and then pick them back up. We've been skipping a lot of school because putting four kids in a car in this cold weather is stupid.

Next week it's going to get so much easier, because Jeremy will start his normal schedule and so will my neighbor. Jer will be off three days a week and the rest of the time won't go in until 1:30, and she won't be dropping her kids off until 12:00, and I'll only have to take the gang out to pick up my son from school, instead of taking them to pick up her son from school, drop off my son from school, and pick him back up (It doesn't sound like much, but to pick her son up from school, I have to load three kids in the car, unload three kids when we get to school, then load four kids in the car, and unload four kids when we get home, and then repeat that two more times. I am SO happy about the fact that I don't have to pick up her son or drop my son off anymore. SO happy.)

Anyway, all in all, I'm stoked about Jeremy's new job, because it seems like we might FINALLY be on solid ground again, and watching my neighbors kids is giving me my own income of sorts (so I stop feeling so guilty asking Jeremy for money in order to buy him birthday gifts or Christmas gifts) but it's been an adjustment and def. is taking more time management skills which is not my strong suit, lol.

Long story short, forgive me, it really is almost done, I just need a couple more paragraphs to wrap it up and we're good.

Before I forget, I think someone asked for the link to the old blog. It's www.nothingmorethanapathy.blogspot.com and I think this should take you to the first post: http://www.nothingmorethanapathy.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

6 comments:

  1. skipping school because you find it a hassle to load 3/4 kids in and out of a car? That's a pitiful excuse, I'm sorry. school is so kids can LEARN, they NEED that social and intellectual developmental interaction. that's like. so embarrassing and you may overall be a good mother, but that is a horrible, horrible disservice you are doing to your children. or child, since I assume Cayden is the only one who is suffering. This is absolutely disgusting and a huge example of what is wrong with people these days. Grow up and realize that you need to sacrifice shit for your children. you've always seemed to have a grasp on that, so i am absolutely horrified that you simply choose to not take your kid to school b/c its a hassle to put kids in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back off! At no point did Laura ask you for your opinion. Clearly, you missed all the days in school where the teachers discussed manners. And, apparently, your parents dropped the ball in that department.

      Preschool isn't the same as school. My kids didn't even go to preschool, and they are very well adjusted 3rd and 5th graders. It's not a requirement and Laura's certainly not making her child suffer because she doesn't sacrifice for her kids! Maybe you're the one who needs to grow up!

      Delete
  2. that's a lot of crap you are dishing on someone who is trying to take kids to PRE-K which really isn't school yet. It would be different if they were in grade 1 or something but they are 4, that is 4 kids under 5. You try it then come back here & say how shitty of a person she is then. Unless you want to be in that position or are in that position who the hell are you to say she is a childish (telling her to grow up).

    I know it is extremely cold where i live with windchills over -40 (both celcius & farenheit) and i certainly would not take kids to school at that age in it. If she had someone to sit in the car with them it would be different but then if she had someone to sit in the car with them she would just be leaving them at home.

    Sorry laura for the words but that just pissed me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what is ultimately disgusting is people who feel the need to judge Mom's because they aren't doing what they feel is the right thing to do. The whole "Mommy wars" is a bit tired and old, don't you think? "You don't do what I do so therefore you must be wrong because my way is the only right way."

    If I were to homeschool Cayden, would I be doing a disservice to him? I've volunteered at his school and do you know what they do there most of the day? They play. They color. They sing and they dance - which is basically the same thing he does when he's at home with me (and three other children.)

    I've also pulled Cayden out of school to do things like take him to an ice cream factory. I've not taken him other times simply because I didn't feel like loading just two kids in and out of the car. After the school shootings in December I went and picked him up midday just because I needed to see him and hug him. We skipped the next day and went to a park.

    I appreciate your concern for my child, but really, I'm raising him, so I will make the parenting decisions. And anyone who knew anything about me and the way I feel about my children would never say the things you said to me, so I'm just going to chalk it up to ignorance.

    But hey, if it makes you feel any better, his school was cancelled this afternoon due to the weather (but I had already planned on not taking him.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing, Laura. I homeschooled my kids for a few years. The first thing everyone always says is, "You need to send your kids to school so they can learn to socialize." No one ever bothered to give me the benefit of the doubt and ask if I had an alternative way of socializing them. I did actually. We were part of a large homeschooling group that got together all the time for the kids to socialize. We also attend a really large church with a huge kids' group. I think they actually had more social time before they started public school. After all, my teachers always said, "You're not here to socialize."

    You certainly didn't owe that person an explanation. Some people are just unspeakably rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. School is important. But, I also always knew that I'd pull my kids out of school. To take a mental health day and veg around at home, or to do fun things with me. I've also considered homeschooling my kids, but to actually be selfish and unwilling to sacrifice, I just plain don't want to do all that work, lol.

    ReplyDelete