Tuesday, September 9, 2014

To be honest

Hey y'all,

When I decided to quit, I ran away. I didn't check comments, I didn't check emails. I shut it out. I did it because I was totally afraid that someone would say something nasty, and I'd feel guilty about leaving. To be honest, I would have deserved it - I've talked my fair share of shit about other bloggers. The thing is, writing can be fun - but it can be hard, and when real life creeps in... I obviously couldn't have been more wrong - you all were totally supportive and for that I'm grateful

I stumbled across a part of the blog saved on my computer last night and I re-read it and I missed it - and I found myself wondering what happened. I feel like I left Matt and Lanie in some sort of suspended time.

To be honest though, I'm going through some stuff. I had a bit of a rough summer and I'm having a hard time recovering from it. I'm a little bit afraid of taking something on that I'm honestly not sure I can finish. I want to finish this story, and I have an idea for another one, but. That fear of disappointing people (if there is even anyone left.)

So. I'll try. I'm not going to have a schedule, and I'm not making any promises, but I would like to try if y'all will let me.

As for the boys - they are good. Cayden is in FIRST grade (Crazy, right?) Eli is in preschool. Cayden turns SIX at the end of the month, and Eli will be four in November.

9 comments:

  1. If you decide to write again, I'm still here! I stopped blogging and actually have published two books. I find it much easier this way. I still get to write, but I do it on my own time! Good luck with everything!
    Macyn's Letter and Macyn's Awakening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...you have no idea how excited I was to see this pop up in my Bloglovin feed! I'm so sorry you're going through a difficult time. Life can be rough sometimes. But it's nice to see how the boys have grown. They're absolutely adorable!

    I'd love to see what happens with Lanie and Matt. So please know that there are still people eager to see how the story unfolds! However that works out in terms of you being able to post is fine by me. I wish you nothing but the best.

    --Nicole M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dido Nicole! ^^^^ I'm still here and will continue to be here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still here too! Whatever you post, whenever you post I will read it. I never do understand why people get so angry when a blogger misses a post. I don't have it in me to be a blogger on top of everything else I do, so why would I expect someone else too? I appreciate anything you bloggers put up!

    PS: Love the picture of Eli in the blue shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!! Welcome back!! Can't wait for the post to be up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you were my absolutely favorite blogger I am glad you will be bacn. Hallelujah x10. Thank you jesus. I missed you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for checking in! Someone gave me a heads up on another blog. The boys are getting so big! Eli's hair is too much! And Cayden is a little man! Looking forward to you writing again, at whatever pace works for you. mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good God woman! those EYES of your boys.. beautiful. So beautiful. and Eli's curls.. swoon!

    come back when you can. write when you can. Do it because you enjoy it, and don't read the comments if they upset you. Just write for you and because you want to get it out there. The people who support you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kids are adorable! Do what feels right, and we'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete