Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I am planning on coming back. Last week Cayden was home from school all week. He'd seem fine and then he'd randomly spike a really high fever and get all lethargic and grumpy. He had cold symptoms, including a nasty sounding cough so we took him in to make sure it wasn't bronchitus or anything. They said it was just a virus going around.

Friday he finally seemed to be feeling better. I regretted not sending him to school, in fact. Then right before bedtime he starts crying that his ear hurt. I kind of figured he just wanted to prolong bedtime, but still with all he had been going through, I did give him some medicine. I knew when he cried himself to sleep that he wasn't faking - but I figured we'd just get into the pedi the next morning.

He went to sleep, I finally got Eli to sleep. Then Cayden woke up crying again. Then I'd get Cayden to sleep and Eli would wake up crying. They switched off a couple of times and finally I decided that since we weren't going to sleep anyway, we might as well head to the ER (and honestly, Cayde was crying so hard and so loud at this point I was afraid his ear drum was going to burst or something - I didn't know if it could come on that quickly. His ears had been checked Monday at the doctor and he hadn't complained at all about them hurting until right before bed that night, but basically I didn't want to find out.) Jeremy was at work so I had to lug both boys down to children's hospital at midnight by myself.

The boys are fine now (though they both did have ear infections.) However, I'm pretty wiped (we got there at midnight, didn't get home till four am, and both boys were up at nine.)

I know you guys are understanding, I just didn't want you to worry. I'm hoping to get at least one if not two posts up this week, but Cayden's graduation is Friday and we also have friends coming in from out of town, so worst case scenario posting will resume next week and I'm hoping with the better weather, none of us will be sick for awhile.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the illness, for us, it always hits the house, and wipes me out. I am glad to hear they are on the mend. Hope you get some rest soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the boys feel better! Give them lots of fluids, and more importantly--lots of mommy cuddles (it's the best medicine). As much as I miss my kids being little, I don't miss those ear infections! When my son was two, my husband had to take him to the ER during a hurricane because his fever had been 105 degrees for several hours and would not come down. It was an experience, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Get some rest lady. mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh please. Adrien got ear infections like every other month (better now that he's older) and one second he was fine, the next it was a full fledged ear infection and he was screaming murder.. so yeah, they do pop up that quick. Glad to hear they are both (and everyone else) seems to be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow. sorry. that sounds so bitchy and it wasn't meant! that was supposed to be "oh geez!" not "oh please" - stupd swipe on my galaxy randomly picks words. I'm so sorry! Not meant to be a bitch at all!! hugs~!

    ReplyDelete